Trip Dates: August 5th – August 12th, 2023
Multi-Sport Camp: Ages 6-17; coed day camp
Need for Logistics Team: (Seeking 14-18 volunteers minimum age 17) We need people willing to serve in various roles and responsibilities with the camp. For example: admin support, transportation, leading groups of children to different areas within camp, working water stations or serving lunch.
- Participant to complete remaining online application pieces by May 1, 2023
- Background check – $14.50 (dated within 2 years of trip start date)
- Child safety training – $10 (completed within 1 year of trip start date)
- Application (Intern)
- Limited Life History Questionnaire
- $250 non-refundable deposit due upon application approval
- 100% of remaining total is due by July 1, 2023
- You have the freedom to book flights on your own, we ask that you please be familiar with traveling and the issues upon which may arise and your abilities to navigate those issues. If you do not feel comfortable in doing that then we recommend allowing GSM to assist you with the bookings. GSM books through STG travel.
- Flight costs can average ($1,200-1,800). This is just an average to help you when considering your budget.
General overview of trip costs:
We will be using host homes for housing
|Description||Quantity||Unit Price||Cost||Due Dates|
|Flight* Average||1||$||$ 1200-1800|
|Housing (host homes)||1||0||0|
|Travel Medical Insurance||1||$ 3 per day||$24|
|Transportation: (Local)||1|| 31 euros||$35|
|Food (in country)||1||40 euros a day||$ 310|
|Local Missionary Support||1||$30|
|Total* (without flight)||$399||July 1|
*Note: The nature of the local economy where ministry will take place may require a change in costs prior to trip departure. While GoSendMe Global does not hope to change costs, STG Travel reserves the right to increase or decrease costs to groups that participate on teams, up to 14 days before departure.
Who we are serving
- Die Arche was founded in 1995 in Berlin to fight child poverty. It is a Christian run non-profit. They have over 25 locations across Germany and serve over 4,000 children and families.
- In Hamburg there are 3 facilities with full time staff that work daily with Refugees, Romas, and African children. Between the facilities they easily manage several hundred children
- The program during the school year does homework help, and day time activities
- In the summer they try and make camps
- Die Arche goal is to make a positive change in the lives and families. At the same time being a Christ-like witness.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us!