A. From the Matthew 14:22-33 account answer the following:
- What was the specific question Peter asked?
- What was the command that Jesus gave?
- What was the Ratio of those who got out of the boat and those who stayed behind?
- What do you believe the Goal was in the story, from both Peter and Jesus’ perspective?
- How does the grace shown in this story apply to you?
- Where should your faith take you?
- Do you believe that you were made to walk on water? Describe how that question hits you.
B. From the other provided passages of Scripture and the video, answer the following:
- What are a few words you might use to describe faith?
- What is faith a requirement for based on Hebrews 11:6?
- Will everything you require to go and serve in the places He commands you to follow Him to be plainly visible before you start? Why not?
- Why are Christians referred to so often as “believers” and what impact should that have on faith?
- What are some “opposite” words of faith that we see described in the passages you read and that you also might be tempted to use as you describe your experience of becoming a missionary?
- Name five things that God is asking you trust Him for right now in your life:
- What is the first thing you feel you need to do to have more faith to go forward with Jesus?
- How will the world respond to your faith?
- How will God respond to your faith?
C. Take some time over these next couple of weeks to consider how God is asking you to trust Him and release into His hands whatever might be holding you back…